Virtual Reality Education Companies
While virtual reality is best known for video games and entertainment, it has also made an impact in the world of education. Virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) are helpful educational tools, as students are more likely to retain information when they are given the chance to see it and engage with it rather than just read about it. Virtual reality education companies have taken notice of this and have created apps and games dedicated to making learning more fun and more effective.
While virtual reality is still a relatively new technology, multiple virtual reality learning companies have found their footing in the industry. These businesses have already begun to create immersive and interactive learning experiences for students. Some exciting places to keep an eye on for future educational VR content include:
- Engage XR: This VR education company is one of the original businesses in this industry and has been at the forefront of VR and AR technology ever since. They are primarily known for their ENGAGE platform, which was built specifically for VR training and education, tapping into existing technology and placing it into an online environment to make it more accessible to people all over the world. Their most popular experience currently is an in-depth and interactive game that explores the sinking of the Titanic and the wreckage left behind.
- Alchemy Immersive: Alchemy Immersive is a leader in the realm of technological innovations in education and has already made multiple contributions to virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality, and artificial intelligence. They create high-quality content made easily accessible to those all over the world and even have the narrative support of Sir David Attenborough.
- Boulevard: This company focuses on AR in the realm of art education with the goal of boosting people’s interest in classic paintings. It’s designed to be like visiting a real museum without having to travel around the world to see the most famous pieces of art. Boulevard collaborated with some of the leading museums around the world to bring the art experience to people’s homes through virtual reality, augmented reality, and mixed reality.
- Curiscope: This newer company focuses on transforming everyday objects to inspire curious kids to develop a love for science through AR. Their most popular product is the Virtuali-Tee, a T-shirt that integrates with an AR app to help kids learn about the human body.
- Nearpod: This company uses AR and VR in a seamless combination that creates an engaging and immersive classroom environment while still incorporating conventional educational tools and lesson plans. Teachers can use Nearpod’s VR technology to create interactive and enjoyable lessons that students can access at school and at home.